Mark 11:25 which says” and when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Some have asked the question “What if a person does not forgive, then what happens?
Well today I am going to give you some answers to that very question. But before I do, I want to share this with you. Forgiveness cuts us right to the core of who we are. We live in this earthly fleshly body and so pain, hurt and disappointments bother us.
Anytime we hear the word “FORGIVE” we think to ourselves oh no. Why must I forgive? We would rather stew before we forgive. Why? Because we want them to suffer like we did.
I have listed just a few things of what happens to a person when they do not forgive. I am sure that there are many other things that happens as well. You are more than welcome to add to the list in your comments.
When a person does not forgive.
- We give the devil a chance to work on us. In other words, do not give the devil a foot hole. (NIV) (KJ) says, neither give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:26-27
- We are given over to be tortured, and they are such things as fear, loneliness, depression, frustration, anxiety, and self-hatred.
- We cut ourselves off from receiving forgiveness
- We lose our appetite for prayer and reading the word.
- 5.Unforgiveness, cuts us from God
Always remember, Mark 11:25 which says” and when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Final Word: We are to forgive No MATTER WHAT. In spite of the pain. God will help you with that pain you are feeling. Remember your feelings are not faith. It is the heart that concerns GOD.
Have a Blessed Day!