Hannah’s Prayer: 5 Important Lessons Her Faith Teaches Us Today.
- Hannah knew where to take her problems – straight to God in prayer.
- In her brokenness and pain, Hannah trusted God’s power and ability to work on her behalf.
- She believed God would do what He said He would do.
- Hannah was faithful and strong to uphold her end of the prayer as a commitment to God’s plan and Sovereignty.
- She gave God praise for the way He had worked.
Hannah Prayed to God
1 Samuel 1:10-11
In her deep anguish Hannah prayed to the Lord, weeping bitterly. And she made a vow, saying, “Lord Almighty, if you will only look on your servant’s misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the Lord for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head… So, in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.”
Hannah Triumphant Prayer” Song” 1 Samuel 2:1-2
Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance. There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.