1 Kings 16:31 says,He not only considered it trivial to commit the sins of Jeroboam son of Nebat, but he also married Jezebel daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians, and began to serve Baal and worship him. He set up an altar for Baal in the temple of Baal that he built in Samaria
When I was in my twenties and dating, my boyfriend once said to me that I was a Jezebel. To my surprise I was very shocked, my immediate response was, “no I am not an evil person,” I might do and say things that would probably make you think that.
Either way I did not wanted to be associated with that name. You know the saying, sticks and stones may break my back, but words will never hurt? That is a lie, because words do hurt. I could not get that Jezebel out of my head. This caused me to do some searching. I needed to know who is and who was this Jezebel.
I did what any young woman in her twenties would do, I went to my mother. She explained to me who she was and pointed me to the bible to read about her. What I found about her I hated the idea that my boyfriend was right. At first when he said it to me, I shook it off and did not want to believe it. For one he did not even go to church, so how in the world would he even know about a Jezebel? He had to of heard it from someone.
When God showed me in His word who this Jezebel was and the things she did. I was ashamed of myself. I thought to myself, how in the world have I picked up those traits. I was not raised like this. I knew better. One thing was for sure, after I saw the truth in God’s word I had to change. I could no longer be that person.
I stopped being that Jezebel. It did not happen overnight that is for sure. It took time, it took me sitting on the potter’s wheel allowing God to chisel away at the ugly that was there. God got me through it.
And so today I want to share with you who this Jezebel Spirit is. If we only have one of those traits that is too many. We need to get before God and ask Him to deliver us from this spirit. For only God can cleanse us from her.
Jezebel, in the Bible (books of Kings), the wife of King Ahab, who ruled the kingdom of Israel. By interfering with the exclusive worship of the Hebrew God, Yahweh, by disregarding the rights of the common people, and by defying the great prophets Elijah and Elisha, …
- The Jezebel Spirit seeks to control, influence, and dominate men
- The Jezebel Spirit is unnatural sense of self importance
- The Jezebel Spirit requires excessive admiration and attention
- The Jezebel Spirit falsely accuses men of God and desires to destroy them
- The Jezebel Spirit lacks self-control and unable to control emotional outburst
- The Jezebel Spirit manipulative takes advantage of others to achieve her goals
- The Jezebel Spirit is jealous and envious of anyone who is a threat to her.
- The Jezebel Spirit is defensive when confronted about her own sin and rebellion
- The Jezebel Spirit is void of genuine empathy, but will falsely mimic empathy
Have a blessed day everyone!